The marmots are awake
Our marmots are probably the sweetest villagers in Saas-Fee. Explore the area of Spielboden or the Stafelwald, and you will likely come across marmots. They like to be fed with peanuts and carrots all summer long.
In winter, the cute rodents sleep peacefully in their burrows. The hibernation lasts between 6 and 8 months. The marmots are seen again from may and are looking forward to your visit!
Meet the marmots
- Marmots are gourmets, they like peanuts and carrots.
- Watch where you step!
- Keep your voice down!
- Pet the marmots cautiously!
- Take your waste with you.
- Do not throw anything into the marmots' caves and do not put your head inside!
- Do not use a flash when taking pictures.
Marmots on the Spielboden & Stafelwald
Meet the marmots on the mountain and enjoy the view with a delicious lunch.
Experience even more with the SaastalCard now
The cable cars are included from the 1st overnight stay with the SaastalCard!