Swiss National Day
31 July & 1 August 2019
At the Swiss National Holiday, various festive activities take place in the Valley of Saas.
The parade starts at 5:30! All women who wear the traditional costume are very welcome. It would also be nice if as many children as possible with lanterns (jeans, white T-shirt, red cloth) would march in.
If the weather is bad, the event will take place in the gym/atrium.
- 5 p.m.: Beginn of the festivities with musical Entertainment by Beat Steiner
- 5.30 p.m.: Apèro and welcome speech
- 6 p.m.: Performance of the local music societies
- 7.30 p.m.: Hand over of the Citizen letters
- 8.30 p.m.: Speech of Roger Kalbermatten, Mayor of Saas-Fee
- 9.45 p.m. National anthem and fireworks
- afterwards musical entertainment by Beat Steiner
- from 4 p.m. Start of the festivities with music, food and beverage at the post square
- from 7 p.m: Music with the duo Rosenprinzen
- 8 p.m.: Opening ceremony
- 8.15 p.m.: Alphornfriends of the glacier village
- 8.30 p.m.: Folkloristic dance group
- 8.45 p.m: Speech by Urs Juon, mayor of Törbel
- 9 p.m.: Historical music band
- 9.15 p.m.: Kids lantern parade
- 9.30 p.m.: National anthem with the wind orchestra Alpenrösli
- afterwards festivities with the Schlagerduo Rosenprinzen, food and beverage
The village of Saas-Grund organises the 50th folklore parade with the motto "Life in the olden times in the Saas Valley". How were baskets made? How was the typical Saas "Chreeshut" (hat) made? How did the first visitors arrive in the Saas Valley? Various impressively decorated wagons display the customs and traditions of the people of the Saas Valley.
- 4 p.m. start of the 50th folklore parade at the Hotel Moulin
- from 4 p.m.: Festivities at the old village with musical entertainment of the local music societies
- before 8 p.m.: Formations march of the local music societies
- afterwards speech from Bruno Ruppen, president of the community Saas-Grund
- afterwards festivities and music with the "Lustigen Saasern"
- 10 p.m. Fireworks