Nostalgic Culinary Mile
September 9, 2018
The Culinary Mile turns back the time and presents life and delicacies from the past. About 30 menus and a variety of local wines are waiting to be tasted.
Along the main village street the owners of our traditional hotels and restaurants will serve a huge variety of food and beverages.
The event, which has now become a tradition in the village, is eagerly anticipated by people of all ages and is an ideal opportunity for visitors to experience the culture and traditions of the Valais, as well as indulging in a wide range of culinary specialties. So come along in your granny's dress or great-grandpa's old trousers and revel in the culinary traditions of the past.
The 13th Nostalgic Culinary Mile will take place in Saas-Fee on September 9, 2018. We are looking forward to admire plenty of fancy dresses. Every year the best costume will be awarded with great prizes. A colored framework programme with various music groups, demonstrations on the village square as well as child animation round off the Nostalgic Culinary Mile.
- 11.30 a.m.: Opening with the Swiss Mountain Brass Band
- 12.00 a.m.: Childrens programm at the village square
- 5.00 p.m.: Concert at the village square with the Swiss Mountain Brass Band
- 6.00 p.m.: Dressing-up pays off! The best costumes win great prizes
- from 7.00 p.m.: Entertainment with music on the village square