Our marmots are probably the sweetest villagers in Saas-Fee. Explore the area of Spielboden or the Stafelwald, and you will likely come across marmots. They like to be fed with peanuts and carrots all summer long.
In winter, the cute little fellows sleep peacefully in their caves. The hibernation lasts between 6 and 8 months. The marmots are seen again from mid-April and are looking forward to your visit!
Meet the marmots
- Marmots are gourmets, they like peanuts and carrots.
- Watch where you step!
- Keep your voice down!
- Pet the marmots cautiously!
- Take your waste with you.
- Do not throw anything into the marmots' caves and do not put your head inside!
- Do not use a flash when taking pictures.