Kapellenweg Sector Saas-Fee
The Kapellenweg sector hosts excellent boulder problems. The rock is gentle and the landings flat and grassy, ideal for beginners or transitioning from indoors to outdoors.
|Name||Kapellenweg Sector Saas-Fee|
|Saison||April - November|
|Getting There||CarPark Level -6. Two minutes walking - the sector is just behind the CarPark, it starts at the end of the Van Parking.|
|Number of routes with level||Boulder from III+ - 7a+/b. Around 50 problems, lots of V - 6a Boulders.|
|Special note||Some of the boulders are high, you will need a few crashpads if you want to top out them. Kids friendly sector with some boulders for the smaller ones and easy problem for everyone.|
Boulder Town Saas-Almagell
Bouldertown! Where machines are made. As the name suggests this place is filled with boulders in every direction.
|Season||April - November|
|Getting There||Parking in Saas-Almagell. The entrance of the sector is at the entrance of Saas-Almagell Town. By bus in the direction of Saas-Almagell, Boulder Town can be reached via the "Alpien" bus stop.|
|Number of routes with level||Around 80 problems. Difficulty from III - 7b+. Much other hard ones with no ascents.|
|Special note||Landings are usually good, but it will be important to have a few crashpads.|
In Saas-Grund there is a huge new sector with 4 sub-sectors, one of which is exclusively for bouldering beginners. Because of the southern exposure, the area dries out most quickly after rainfall and in spring.
|Season||March - November|
|Getting There||Parking on the Gondola CarPark. By bus Use the bus stop "Saas-Grund, Bergbahnen".|
|Special note||Good Rock Quality, landing usually are good but you will need a few crashpads (boulders tend to be high)Gute Felsqualität, Landungen sind in der Regel gut, aber man braucht einige Crashpads|
|Beirut||About 30 problems with difficulty levels from 6a - 7a. Good quality with normal landings, but rather high. There are some hard boulders that have no ascent.|
|Private Parking||Good area to start bouldering, about 35 problems with good landings and many IV and V grades. The boulders are usually not very high.|
|Unter dem Berg||22 problems in different grades from IV+ - 7a+. Beautiful and high formations with good rock quality. It is recommended to check the "TopOuts" before bouldering.|
|La Forêt||23 boulder problems in difficulty grades V - 7+. Nice and sheltered area in the forest for warm days. The boulders are rather small and of good quality. There is a lot of potential for new problems.|
General Rules for bouldering in the holiday region Saas-Fee/Saastal
- Wild camping is strictly prohibited! Please use the designated camping areas.
- Respect nature! The waste buckets and toilets are available for you: Please spare the landscape and the wild animals of your waste. If you take it with you, you can bring it back.
- Please use the visible and marked trails and paths, don’t take shortcuts, even if it’s tempting, we do not want to harm the vegetation!
- Please brush away any marks you’ve left on the boulders and only use brushes with natural bristles.
- Fires are allowed at the official fireplace on the campground only.
- Please use the designated parking areas or use the public transport services.
- Attention: Some climbing areas are in a zone of rockslide! Be aware, you are climbing at your own risk.
Bergbahnen Hohsaas AG
Tel. +41 27 958 15 80
Tel. +41 27 957 20 06
The key collection and payment for the boulder cellar are possible at the above locations.