In the pedestrianised glacier village of Saas-Fee, the following public facilities are accessible without barriers:
- 2 handicapped accessible parking spaces at the village entrance
- 1 handicapped accessible car park north of car park P1
- Accessible toilets in the town hall near the village square and on car park 1
- Threshold-free access to the town hall / gymnasium with sliding doors / lift
- Threshold-free access to the school building with sliding doors / lift
- Threshold-free access to the tourist office with sliding doors
- Threshold-free access to the bus terminal, the Coop and Migros food shops and the Steinmatte cultural and course centre
- Disabled access to the swimming pool "Aqua Allalin"; the Aqua Allalin is equipped with a wheelchair lift and a handicap lift can transfer the guest into the water.
- Easy access to the medical centre
In the village of Saas-Grund the following public facilities are available for disabled persons:
- Parking space for the disabled at the village square
- Accessible public toilets in the basement of the town hall/ multi-purpose building near the village square (ramp is relatively steep).
- Accessible toilets in the town hall / multi-purpose building. Lift is available.
- Threshold-free access to the town hall/multi-purpose building/post office, with lift.
- Threshold-free access to the school building / lift
- Threshold-free access to the gymnasium incl. WC
- Threshold free access to the library, on the ground floor of the school building.
- Threshold-free access to the food stores Coop and Denner with sliding doors.
- Threshold-free access to the pharmacy.
- Easy access and threshold-free access to the Saastal medical practice with sliding doors.
- Easy access and threshold-free access to the Saas Valley Health Centre Physiotherapy. Offer of therapies suitable for the disabled.
The fleet from the PostBus branch in Brig is 100% equipped with lifts for people with reduced mobility. Drivers are happy to help people with reduced mobility get on and off the bus. It is also possible to make requests via the SBB Handicap Call Centre.
At the SBB Call Center Handicap, passengers with reduced mobility can order free assistance for boarding and disembarking at railway stations in Switzerland and on international services. The service is available free of charge to all wheelchair users, as well as to people with walking difficulties, blind people, visually impaired people and people with mental disabilities.
Note: Reserve free assistance for boarding and disembarking trains. Please call at least 1 hour before the requested assistance (by e-mail 12 hours before). For travel abroad: at least 48 hours in advance.